Rue du Mont Cenis

Arrondissement: 18

Number 26

Louise Michel became director of the school at No 26 rue du Mont Cenis, just below the top of the Montmartre Hill, in 1871. The present building dates from the end of the 19th century

One of the very old main roads through the Montmartre village. In 1868 it was given the name of a mountain in the northern Alps after its ending in the abrupt climb by the school at No 26.

Rue du Mont Cenis painted by Maurice Utrillo in 1914 showing the top of the school Michel taught at on the right.

MAP